New, unconventionally themed weddings have been rising in popularity and the farmers market theme is no exception! A farmer’s market wedding has a home grown vintage feel to it and often incorporates fresh fruits, veggies, baked goods and more.
This is the best guide for throwing a farmers market wedding from the stationary to the food itself.
The wedding invitations should look somewhat vintage, a tad bit whimsical and definitely homemade looking. These invitations are a great example:
For your decorations, you want to keep it rustic and whimsical with vintage objects mixed with fresh food and flowers. Here are some lovely examples:
3. The Venue
A venue for a farmers market wedding should be rustic with a focus on nature. You definitely want an outdoor venue or at least a venue with a great view of nature and a rustic feel like a barn. Here are a couple great wedding venue ideas:
Green Red Barn – Where better to host a farmers market themed wedding then where a farmers market actually takes place!
Wildflower Barn – with a rustic barn a field of flowers and an oak canopy, this venue has all the makings of a beautiful farmers market wedding.
A great way to capture the farmers market feel is to have several food stations each focusing on a particular food group. For example you could have the following:
- The Bakery – Fresh bread, butter and even some dessert breads.
- Fruit Stand – Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Lemonade Stand – Serve hard lemonade, herb infused lemonade, tea, and other farmers market inspired drinks here.
- The Peanut Gallery or a Trail Mix Bar – nuts, crackers and other items for your guests to snack on.
Those are just a few of the many possible ideas, but separating the food into different areas helps guests get food faster, encourages them to interact with each other, and adds to the farmers market theme of the wedding.
A Few Other Tips:
- Consider dressing up your wedding party in a way that they go along with the theme of the wedding. You could go a number of different ways, but vintage elements will add to the charm.
- Consider the seasons and if possible, try and plan for a fall wedding. If you’re in an area where the leaves change and begin to fall it will add a fantastically beautiful look to your wedding and really add to the farmers market theme.
- Uncovered wooden chairs look wonderful in this style of wedding and can save you a little bit of money by not needed to rent chair covers.
- If you’re stuck on a particular decoration or need an idea, Pinterest can work wonders. Just search for farmers market weddings and you’ll find tons of inspiring pins.
Have and ideas you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments section below!