How To Get The Best Caterer For Your Event
They say there are very few things in your wedding that will last in your guests’ memories; the beauty of the reception setup, the emotional vows, the hilarious toast by the best man, and of course, the food! The food could be considered one of the most important aspects of any event!
In choosing a caterer make sure you get the one that will provide not only most delicious food but also the perfect service. Here are some of the questions and items that should be in your checklist when choosing a caterer.
1. The Basics
– Are they available on your wedding date?
– How many events can they hold in a day?
– How many events do they accept in a year?
– How long have they been in the business?
– Can they provide you with references and portfolio?
– Are they complete with licenses and health permits?
– Do they sign a contract with clients?
– Are they accredited by the venue you have chosen?
– If not, have they ever held a wedding at this venue?
2. Price and Package
– What is the minimum number of guests to reserve?
– Can they accommodate rental upgrades? e.g. flowers, seats, arrangements, etc.
– Do they have Menu samples with prices?
– Can they customize their menu?
– Can they work around your wedding budget?
– On top of the amenities, are there other freebies?
– When can you schedule a food tasting?
– How many can you bring during food tasting? Is this free?
3. Food and Service
– Do they offer set menus? Buffet?
– Does the service include the setup and clean up?
– Do they provide wedding stationaries such as menu cards, place cards, etc.?
– Can they serve alcohols if provided?
– Is there a corkage fee for self-supplied items such as cake, alcohol and desserts? How much?
– Do they provide children’s meal? How much? And how will it be served?
– How about vendor’s meal? How much? And how will it be served?
– Will the assigned account executive be present during the wedding?
– What is your server to table ratio?
– Will you assist during cake cutting and wine toasting?
– Will you provide for the reception program necessities like the cake cutter and wine flutes?
– What type of glassware and utensils do you have?
– Do you have linens to match our wedding motif?
– Can they customize their arrangement based on your inspirations?
– Do they offer meals for special needs and preferences (allergies, vegetarian, etc.)?
– Where is your kitchen located? How far from the venue?
4. Payment and policies
– What payment terms do they offer?
– What is their cancellation policy?
– How about if you are just moving the date due to unavoidable events?
– What will happen if the cancellation is due to fortuitous events?
– What is their refund policy?
– When is the deadline in submitting guest estimate? How about additional guests afterwards?
After talking to them, do you feel heard? Do you think they get your vision? Also make sure that the person who discussed with you is someone you feel you can trust and will enjoy dealing with until your wedding day.