As a bride, it’s always difficult to remember everything you need on your big day. Between all the traditions, the stress and all the work you’ll have to do, you’ll have a tough time keeping track of everything. That’s why it’s crucial to keep a wedding checklist handy so you don’t forget anything on your big day.
Here is a checklist that makes it as easy as possible for you to keep track of everything you need:
- Your bridal gown – it’s a must-have! Keep it clean and unwrinkled in a garment bag!
- Your headpiece or veil – your dress wouldn’t feel complete without it.
- A slip for you gown – if necessary. Not all types of dresses will need it.
- Shoes – you need these to walk down the aisle!
- Bridal hosiery – not necessary but it gives your look that extra touch.
- Your garter – it is tradition for the groom to take it off and toss it during the reception. It would be hard to do if you don’t have one. You can usually buy them in pairs so you can keep one.
- Gloves – again not necessary but they do look nice!
- Your bouquet – bouquets are tradition and beautiful.
- Lingerie – you are going on your honeymoon after the wedding and lingerie is a must-have for you and your new groom. If your bridal shower was lingerie themed, then you should be covered.
- Jewelry – you should sparkle on your wedding day because it is your big day! Wear jewelry that is special to you.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue – it is a fun tradition. You get to be creative with it. Your shoes or jewelry can cover some of these categories. Usually your dress is the something new, but it is up to you!
- A bridal emergency kit – if a button from your dress falls off, a spare button and sewing kit is essential. Gum in case you forgot to brush your teeth, or deodorant just in case it is hot or you are more nervous than you thought.
- Your vows – if you wrote your own, it would be a good idea to have the paper you wrote them down on so you don’t forget.
- Your groom’s wedding ring – you will give it to your maid of honor to hold until it is time to exchange the rings, but you need to make sure you have it.
- The wedding favors – more specifically for the wedding party. It is customary to gift the wedding party with special gifts that you and your groom picked out as a special thanks for their support and help.
That was everything you need to have as the bride. If you are like most brides, you have to worry about the wedding party as well. Here is a list of things that they need so that nobody forgets anything.
- The groom – his tuxedo, dress shoes, boutonniere, socks, and your wedding ring.
- Your bridesmaids – their dresses, shoes, bouquets, and accessories.
- The groomsmen – their tuxedos, socks, dress shoes, and boutonnieres.
- The flower girl – her dress, shoes, basket, and flower petals.
- The ring bearer – His tuxedo, socks, dress shoes, boutonniere, and the pillow with rings on it.
Following these checklists will make sure you, your groom, and wedding party are ready to go on the big day! Just relax and take care of yourself and delegate the tasks to responsible, trustworthy people if necessary.